At various times the sanctuary is open for prayer playing the video feed from KANSAS CITY’S HOUSE OF PRAYER. You can also log on to their free app or website and participate in 24-7 ongoing prayer.
Since 2003, Rockside Church has been instrumental in spearheading involvement in the National Day of Prayer here in Independence. As you see from their website below, this is an initiative instituted by congress with participation from across the nation. The date is always the first Thursday in May. Here’s a sample of the collaboration, variety and geography you can expect based on last year’s plan.
This outstanding 40 day prayer initiative leading up to Palm Sunday is created by Way Makers providing prayer guides in English, Spanish and Chinese, an app called SEEKGOD2018 and more resources. We enjoy participating each year and make prayer guides available throughout the city.
We gather weekly of prayer Sundays from 9:45 to 10:20 AM in the sanctuary.
Throughout the year, we sponsor various prayer opportunities such as:
- New Year Week of Prayer connected with the Assemblies of God
- Traveling prayer meetings at strategic locations
- Call to fast and pray (with a specific focus)
- Times when the sanctuary is open for prayer with IHOP-KC on the screen
- Conference call prayer meetings (when you can dial in and pray over the phone with a group)
- National Day of Prayer (first Tuesday of May each year)
- Seek God for the City (40 days of prayer leading up to Palm Sunday)